Saturday, April 28, 2012

Xubuntu 12.04 LTS

Well I ran into a bit of a snag when trying to install TFTP so that I can transfer the compiled hex program from my laptop over to the Dragino. Apparently Ubuntu 9.10 is no longer supported by the Application Manager, so you have to change the sources.list over to old-releases.ubuntu.com. That would have worked if I could get a working internet connection. 

So I decided to throw out the old version of Ubuntu, and switch over to Xubuntu 12.04 LTS. I managed to get internet on that over an Ethernet cable, so I was able to get all the software updates and installs done. I also managed to get the Broadcom 4360 driver installed so that I can get WiFi going on the laptop. If you are running into the same problem on Ubuntu, use this fix and reboot.
~$ sudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter firmware-b43-installer
Long story short, my system is back up and running in working order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment