Friday, April 22, 2011

Genesi Efika Cloud Computer

Great News! I got my Efika in the mail today, and I'm so excited. Now I can begin coding the database and all the visual interface GUI. Also I can start work on the module management system. Here are some pictures of the Efika as I opened up the box for the first time. This ought to give you a sense of just how small this computer is. Click on the images to zoom in.


Picture 1: Heres the outside of the box.

Picture 2: Heres the Genesi Logo.

Picture 3: Opened the box.

Picture 4: Pulled the Computer out of the box. You can really see how small it is.

Picture 5: Up close (you can see the power button on the top left of the unit)

Picture 6: Heres the front of the Efika computer. Theres a 12V power, an HDMI port, 10/100mbps ethernet, and audio/microphone plugs.

Picture 7: And heres the back; theres two USB 2.0 plugs and an SDHC card slot.

Heres the bottom of the unit with all the certification labels, website info and where its made. (Company is based out of San Antonio, TX, but the devices are assembled in China)

Picture 9: Finally we get to all the extras that come in the box: the power adapter, the power cable, and a serial adapter.

Heres another look at that serial adapter (didnt want to take it out of the protective bag just yet, because I dont know what Im going to use it for)

Well I guess that concludes 'show and tell'. I'll post updates when I start getting the software setup to get it to communicate with the Arduino.

No comments:

Post a Comment